By an amatuer artist who’s seen this complaint way too many times
Out of all the frustrations I’ve seen artists have, the one I’ve seen most by far is how to draw the other eye. So, I’m just making this little post to try and help resolve this problem, and hopefully make eyes one of the easiest parts of the human (or animal!) body to draw.
- First, make a cross. Even if it’s a sucky cross (like mine) it’s perfectly fine. Now if you’re drawing eyes on a face, make sure the vertical cross passes directly through the center of the chin and the center of the crown of the head. For the horizontal cross, draw it approximately where you want the center of the eyes to be.
- Next, Draw two circles equidistant from the center line. If it helps, draw lines above, below, and beside each circle to help replicate the same dimensions on the opposite eye.
NOW HERE’S THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF ALL
- When drawing a detail on one eye, immediately draw it on the other eye. This is where the majority of this issue comes from. A good number of artists will draw one eye completely before moving on to the next eye. The problem is, when they go to redraw what they just made, they find that they suddenly can’t remember how to recreate the image.
- But by using this method, it’s easy as cake to replicate what you just drew! The other eye becomes a perfect reference for the eye you’re adding the detail to because it’s an exact replica of it- with only one or two strokes difference.
- Therefore, if you make even the smallest of mistakes, they’ll suddenly become much more visible You’ll be able to correct the right away instead of having to deal with much bigger inconsistencies later on.
- Here’s an example:
- Now erase the support lines and…
- TADA! There you go! you drew the other eye!
Well, I’m not the best artist in the world, but I hope that this post managed help a few people out there. For me, eyes are always the most fun to draw because \they convey a thousand words with just one mere expression, and when it comes down to it, they’re really easy to draw!
((They were both outcasts, and nobody truly “believed in them” in the beginning. Both were notorious troublemakers, and traveled wherever the wind took them. The both were also kind of laid back, as well. It probably wouldn’t have taken much for Huck to believe in Jack Frost, either, as he was a strong believer in the supernatural.))
((So that way I can FINALLY stop confusing the heck out of people))
Lok/ Fandom Blog*:
Youtube/ Sketch Blog*:
*means I barely update and/ or check. Current on hiatus on those two.
**I also have backup accounts.
Spam her with nice messages, guys.
I said fucking suicide alert, get your bitch asses out there and intervene, guys.
fucking hell this is some serious shit no like seriously this is one of those BIG BIG BIG DEAL situations.
go go go.